There was graduation from medical school,
beginning our Residency (finally, the last of our medical training), our fabulous wedding and house renovations (that are 97% complete).

Our wedding was fabulously fun and so beautiful! Tara, Layne's sister, did an amazing job of creating our ceremony. Layne and I had a JP "officially" marry us in the garden while everyone was busy getting ready and then we walked through the forest up to the waterfall for the "real" ceremony. The original plan was to get married right at the waterfall but it had been raining so hard for several days before that the waterfall was raging! We found a gorgeously stunning spot in the forest for the ceremony with the sunlight streaming through the trees and the waterfall in the
background. It couldn't have been more perfect. The rest of the weekend was spent with good friends and lots of food and laughter on a 40 acre piece of property in Nelson. We couldn't have asked for anything more...The time keeps flying by! I can't believe the wedding was almost four months ago and that we are half way through our first year of residency now. Six more months (and counting down!) and I will be finished half of my training. Six more months and Layne will be finished the first of five years of his training. We are plugging along...another year without sleep. I still get the days mixed up sometimes although I'm not completely convinced anymore that I can blame it on being awake for days at a time as I am closer to 40 than I am to 30 now!
The snow has started falling and the cold is kicking in. We haven't been out for a ski yet but we will be soon. We did manage to get some kayaking in this summer. FUN!!

We got out on our mountain bikes and did some exploring. Although I did wipe out, I managed not to break anymore ribs this past biking season. Layne found a new squash partner so he's back at it. I need to find someone else to play squash with that doesn't switch hands in the middle of the game! (Yes, he can play equally well with BOTH hands).
We are looking forward to Christmas in Vernon with Layne's
parents and his sister and her family. We will have Lochlan with us as well so it will be busy with three little boys running around! We hope to get some skiing in at Silver Star. Although he's not swooping down the slopes yet, Loch is a little skier now. Another couple of years and he'll be swishing past us wondering what is taking Layne and I so long to get to the bottom of the hill.
So, that's the latest from the north. I hope this finds you all well and that you will be enjoying some much deserved R&R over the holiday season.
We will keep you posted on things to come...
L&L&L
1 comment:
Hi Laura + Lane,
Wow - what a year! Congratulations again on getting your MDs. That's a huge huge life accomplishment.
Is your residency in family medicine still? Or rural? I don't understand the difference anyhow, so any answer will do.
Thanks,
Ken
Post a Comment